Take control of Word's 'Page x of y' numbering scheme
Click in the header area, and then press Control-V to paste the page numbering from the header. If you are done making changes to the header and footer, click Close Header and Footer , or double-click anywhere outside of the header or footer areas, to return to the main body of the document. In the Field dialog box, select the category of Numbering to insert the Page field for the page number; select the category of Document Information to insert the NumPages field for the total number of pages.
Add page numbers to a header or footer. Start page numbering later in your document. On the View menu, click Header and Footer.
- mac miller album review xxl.
- istumbler download mac os x.
- How to have page numbers start on page 3 using MS Word 2011 for Mac.
Click the Header area at the top of the page, or the Footer area at the bottom of the page. To return to the body of the document, click. Word adds "Page X of Y" numbering to the center of the footer. You are done with this procedure and can skip the remaining steps.
To move these page numbers to the header, select the line with the page numbers. Press Control-X to cut the selection.
mac word page numbers x of y
You might want to delete empty lines that follow the newly inserted page numbers. On the View menu, click Print Layout.
In this example I am using the following structure:. Step 1: Insert a section break at the end of the title page, and the end of the contents page.
- zugriffsrechte externe festplatte mac os x!
- synchroniser ipad sur pc et mac.
- How to add page 1of 2 to a Word 2007 or Word 2010 document;
- Inserting the Total Number of Pages in Your Document.
Do the same thing for the contents page. Now your document has 3 sections and when we insert page numbering it will only number that section.
Mac Guide: Inserting Page Numbers
This took me a long time to work out. If you want something more in-depth, Office for Mac: The Missing Manual seems to be the best office for mac book around, and covers formatting in a lot more detail than the Office for Dummies books. Share Tweet Post. CEO of Beekeeper Data.
Data Nerd. Lucky husband and father. More about me. Background image from Subtle Patterns.
- How to Insert Page X of Y into a Header or Footer in Word!
- Using sections to control page numbers, headers and footers - Legal Office Guru!
- How to restart style-based numbering!
- Add page number X of Y to a document in Word for Mac.